To our beautiful Blo community:
At Blo Blow Dry Bar, the health and well-being of our guests and teams is always a top priority. Our beauty professionals and bars are licensed, inspected and required to comply with rigorous state-level cosmetology, health and safety regulations. We are diligent in complying with these regulations and at this time, have stepped up our hygiene protocols to further ensure our guests and teams are protected and can continue to feel confident at every Blo location. A few of our standard cleaning and sanitation practices are detailed below:
- All styling tools (brushes, combs, clips etc.) are disinfected after each Guest with barbicide, which is a registered hospital disinfectant.
- All high-traffic surface areas, counter tops, treatment rooms, back bars, reception areas and styling stations are routinely cleaned and disinfected.
- All styling tools and towels are stored in closed containers and are clearly labelled ‘Clean’ or ‘Dirty’.
- Cleaning responsibilities are tracked in cleaning logs and signed off by a manager.
To help keep our communities safe, we are taking these extra precautions:·
- Wash Hands: In addition to standard hand-washing habits, our stylists will clean their hands before and after every client.
- Disinfection: We will wipe down all styling stations with disinfectant before and after each Guest. We will also increase the frequency of disinfection of high-traffic surface areas.
- Stay Home: If a guest or team member feels unwell, we will strongly encourage them to stay home. Don’t worry, guests who cancel due to illness will not be charged a cancellation fee during this time.
- Hands Off: For the time being, we will avoid greeting guests and team members with our usual handshake or hug.
- Stocked-up: We will make every effort to ensure our bars are well stocked with extra tissue and alcohol-based hand cleansers.
- Informed: We will follow the CDC and WHO for facts as they become available. We are ensuring all members of our teams are educated on symptoms and are well-informed on prevention best practices.
Blo Babes, our Franchise Partners and their teams thank you for your loyalty to Blo. Our mission is to uplift and enhance the lives of those in our Blo community and we look forward to welcoming you at your next visit with our “pink carpet treatment”.
Wishing you and your loved ones well,
CEO & Partner, Blo Blow Dry Bar